Re: [Banshee-List] Newbie Question - sqlite -FLAC import error

Dave-433 wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Dave <lemonsforlemonade gmail com> wrote:
>

> Crap! I apologize for my confusing wording. When I said that you would
> most
> likely need the terminal to get the PPA working, that was before I
> investigated Synaptic and found a way to install PPA's from within it. If
> the way I suggested does not work the terminal is the next best step I
> bet,
> but I don't recall how to do it this way.

No Joy David.  I tried it through Synaptics Package Manager as well through
the Software Sources manger found in LM's Control Center but neither could
"find" and install the updates.  I then tried it through the Terminal but
that didn't work either.  My terminal session looked like the following:

dalarry dalarry-desktop ~ $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/ppa
[sudo] password for dalarry:
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg
--keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv
9D2C2E0A3C88DD807EC787D74874D3686E80C6B7
gpg: requesting key 6E80C6B7 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 6E80C6B7: "Launchpad PPA for Banshee Team" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1

When I point my browser to the Banshee Download page it says: Platform Not
Detected or Unsupported.  It's probably the case that it is just
unsupported.

I am pretty much stumped for now.