Re: [Banshee-List] cant import Amarok meta-informations into Banshee

Sorry you didn't get a response sooner.  A couple questions that might help get things sorted out:

Which distribution and desktop environment are you using?  Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome?  OpenSuse 11.2 with KDE? The possibilities are nearly endless, but an unusual or old setup could be part of the problem.

Which version of Banshee are you using?  If possible, make sure you're using 1.6.0 (or a newer daily build from git master).

If you still have this issue using a recent version of Banshee, it would be good to file a bug report[1] about this, because it's my understanding that Amarok import should be working.  If you run Banshee from terminal with the --debug option (the command with either be 'banshee --debug' or 'banshee-1 --debug'), you might see helpful errors or warnings when you try to import from Amarok.  If you notice anything suspicious, be sure to copy and paste that into your bug report.

Admittedly, I've never been much of an Amarok user, and I've never used the Amarok importer, so I'm not very familiar with the process, but I'm sure you'll find someone who is able to help you.  Good luck!

[1] http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Hardest <spaman virtoreal net> wrote:

Hardest wrote:

> Got Amarok 2.2.2 and i cant import any meta-datas of my amarok-collection
> into banshee. The Progress-Bar just appear for a few seconds. Nothing
> happens...
>
> whats wrong? Amarok 2.2.2 recognise everything
>
> Please help :(

can noone help me??? :(