Re: [Banshee-List] MTP player freezes Banshee

Hi,
Thanks again Nyall for your comments. Unfortunately I have been unable to
find libmtp8 0.3.7 for my distro (SLE 11). I tried installing a libmtp 1.x
version but that complained about not wanting to overwrite a libmtp7 fdi
file (even after I moved it). I have tried to install banshee 1.5.1 anyway
but could only run it (to a limited extent) from the command line as root. I
also had no luck with compiling banshee 1.4.3. So it looks like I'll have to
resort to the command line mtp tools. They do recognise the player and
unlike banshee do not make the player crash upon updating its database.

Regards,
Henk