[Banshee-List] MTP player freezes Banshee

Hi,
I am running the standard Banshee version that comes with SuSE Linux
Enterprise (1.4.1). Inserting my music player in MTP mode will in most cases
freeze Banshee. This happens when I start Banshee and then connect the
device and when I connect the device first. On the rare occasions that
Banshee does not freeze, it does not recognise the directory tree on the
device. When I run mtp-detect from the command line, it correctly recognises
the phone/player and mentions the purpose of the various folders on there.
So everything seems all right on that front.

When I start banshee from the command line with the device connected, it
keeps on repeating this message and freezes:
ptp_usb_getresp: detected short response of -1335084124 bytes, expect
problems! (re-reading response), rlen

When I do mtp-detect before starting banshee from the command line, this
message does not appear.

Anyone any idea where I can find information or a resolution?

Regards,
Henk