Re: [Banshee-List] GConf reference missing

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Boersnoes <boris callens coteng com> wrote:
> I currently didn't touch a letter of code yet and am only trying to fix the
> .sln and .csproj files as they seem to be seriously out of touch. I have
> lots of double and missing references to libraries, external libraries and
> .cs files.
> If I'm not supposed to ref the GConf backend, does this mean the code that's
> using it is out of date?

No, we use the GConf backend on Linux.  But it's not intended for use
on Windows.  Nothing in Banshee should reference it except
src/Backends/Banshee.Gnome - which is only intended for GNOME users.

> As I'm relatively new to the whole source control and OSS contribution
> system I was also wondering what the best way would be to contribute my work
> can be used by others.

We have a page on our website describing how to submit patches:
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/write-code/

Looking forward to your contributions!

Gabriel