Re: [Banshee-List] duplicate music library entries

Hello!

I had the same problem:

1. backup your banshee db, for example banshee_new.db the banshee db is in ".config/banshee-1"

2. Install sqlite3 (for example: sudo aptitude install sqlite3)

3. In my case, change one disk that mount in /media/maxtor_500 for another that mount in /media/wd_500

4. Delete the songs that have maxtor_500 in their path:

a) computer> sqlite3 banshee_new.db
b) sqlite> delete from CoreTracks where Uri like '%maxtor_500%';

5. Now you can test the new bd: banshee-1 --db=banshee_new.db

If you know sql, you can do it better, with updates beetwenn delete, etc etc.

--

2009/5/19 Chris Howie <cdhowie gmail com>
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Fabien Basmaison
<fabien basmaison gmail com> wrote:
> Gabriel Burt a écrit :
>>
>> You could just remove all tracks from your library and then Media ->
>> Import again.
>
> If I'm correct, the problem in doing so is that you lose every "database
> only" tags like the ratings...

If it's seeing duplicates then those tags have already been lost since
they're attached to the old copy that is no longer there.  The only
way I can see to preserve this info is to craft a few database queries
and run them against the DB directly.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com