Re: [Banshee-List] Compilation Album Artist

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 06:06:21PM +0100, Andy Underhill wrote:
> In the Track Editor
> Tick the check box ¨Compilation Album Artist¨ to enable the text box ,
> and enter the name of the Artist (e.g. Various Artists) that you would
> like to see this track grouped by.  A whole album with this set would I
> imagine make the album appear in the Artists browser under the ¨Various
> Artists¨ artist.

The way I do it is:
first select all of the tracks FROM the album.
Then Go into the Track Editor, tick the box and fill-in the Album
Artist.
Now click the icon _behind_ this field (it means: sync all selected
for this field), you'll see it is "pushed".

When I now click "save" all the selected tracks will be updated and
thus will appear together in the track list cq smart playlist, although
the Track Artists will still be shown (and that's good, I DO like to
know who's performing this track).
--