Re: [Banshee-List] ADO.net and ECMA

Standardizing ADO.net would be by far the best solution. I wish Miguel the best of luck in his efforts.

Cheers,
Daniel

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Daniel Hughes<trampster gmail com> wrote:
> Microsoft has chosen not to standardise ADO.net for whatever reason.... The
> mono answer to another non standard library (winforms) was to provide a
> superior alternative. All I'm suggesting is that we do the same here.

My understanding is that ADO.NET hasn't been standardized only because
of a lack of manpower in the ECMA committee to review it.  Miguel has
stated he wants to get it standardized.  This is a powerful tool in
our toolkit.

Gabriel