[Banshee-List] ADO.net and ECMA

Can someone please clarify the position of Banshee in relation to the ECMA.
Does Banshee depend on mono implementations of library's not covered by the
ECMA standards.

The reason I ask is because I recently started coding my own project using
mono/c# and I wanted to use sqlite. I knew that ADO.net was not covered by
the ECMA and I also new that banshee used sqlite. So I browsed the banshee
source code to find out how it talked to sqlite.

I was quite surprised to find it used Mono.Data.Sqlite which according to
the mono website provides a full ADO.NET 2.0 API interface. And references
System.Data (which I thought was an ADO.net namespace).

Can someone please explain either.
1. why using Mono.Data.Sqlite is not depending on ADO.net
2. or that Banshee does depend on ADO.net, and explain why this doesn't
matter.