Re: [Banshee-List] change cover art with banshee

shayguitarra wrote:

> thanks for the answer.
>
> With your idea, I have found something a little more simple : I stored my
> album art in the directory of each album (names cover.jpg) : this wasn't
> enough for Banshee to replace them with the one it took from I don't know
> where (internet I suppose).
> But, if you just delete the images of an album stored in /.cache/album
> art, then Banshee uses the cover.jpg file the next time the album is read,
> and generates automaticly the different size images : you don't have to
> resize them with Gimp.
>
> So what I just did is delete ALL the images in the /.cache/album art
> directory : Banshee is yet using all my album art (well to be honest, the
> truth is : Banshee will be using all my album art after I will have
> listened to all my music...)

That is a much simpler (and better) idea and is what I tried originally but
for some reason it just didn't work. I'll try it at my next reboot and see
what happens. BTW I don't think Banshee just takes the files from the
internet. Some of the cover art it was using for mine was embedded cover art
that I thought I'd gotten rid of. So it does seem to check locally before
searching online.

Some cover art must be embedded directly in the mp3 file, like the id3 tags.

This is what I saw in the Banshee web site (FAQ) :
"Where does Banshee get its cover art?
    Banshee looks first in the audio file itself for embedded artwork, then
in the folder the file is in, then from Rhapsody, then Amazon, then finally
Last.fm."

And there was I think my problem : as soon as there is embedded artwork,
Banshee doesn't search for another image.
It seems that deleting the file in the cover art directory you showed me
makes banshee look for my cover art in the folder the file is.