Re: [Banshee-List] change cover art with banshee

p'tit Alain wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to exchange the cover art that is shown in Banshee with my own
> cover art file ?
>
> I didn't find the way yet : how should I do?
>
> Thanks.

I've come up with a very manual work around in Intrepid for this problem.
Bear in mind that this is not practical if you are looking to change large
numbers of cover images, just the most obviously wrong ones.

The Banshee album art is stored in /.cache/album art inside your home
folder. You may need to enable hidden folders so you can see it. Inside the
album art folder you will see the jpg images for your albums; they are named
with the artist name and album so they are easy to find. For example, Let it
Be by The Beatles will be thebeatles-letitbe.jpg. You will also notice some
numbered sub folders. These relate to the resolution of your images, as they
are repeated in accordance with the different size images that banshee uses
in different parts of the application.

You will need to replace all of the images for the album. The easiest way is
to do a Go-> Search under the image name. It may return at least two. Then,
check the resolution on the images returned by your search. Next, resize
your own preferred image using Gimp or whatever your preferred manipulation
program is. So if the first image is 34x34px, resize your image to 34x34px,
rename it (thebeatles-letitbe) and save it into the correct folder. In this
case the one named 34. Providing you have named it properly you will be
asked if you want to replace the existing image. Do so. Then repeat for the
other image(s).

Hopefully when you restart Banshee you will see the correct artwork against
your album.