Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee karma plugin : no tracks

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 6:31 AM, julien cubizolles <j cubizolles free fr> wrote:

> An afterhought, maybe unrelated but who knows ?
> There are now a number of fdi files (for hal) relevant to the karma.
>
> * Ubunu in /usr/share/hal/fdi/iformation/10freedesktop*
> * the ones mentioned in http://bobcopeland.com/karma/banshee/
> * the libkarma.fdi file from libkarma-0.1.0hg154
>
> Which one is the right one to use ?

Well, some of the stuff from my web page is bogus.  However the current
detection code wants fstype=omfs to show up in the hal tree, which it
doesn't on my vanilla Fedora 10 install.  AFAICT the libkarma.fdi is
superfluous now that hal is shipping the Rio Karma stuff.

So, in short, I'm going to try to rewrite the detection routine to
rely less on whatever is in HAL.  We should be able to do better by
looking for any volume with /var/smalldb which is essentially how
libkarma's detection routine works.  I think I can also match on the
volume's parent usb vendor and product IDs.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com