Re: [Banshee-List] Can't import files without filename extensions?

No, Banshee will not import files without an extension. This was done
for performance reasons. We have a large white list of extensions that
"might" be supported. If the extension test passes, then we pass off the
media to TagLib, and then finally import it if the TagLib parse
succeeds.

I am not sure why it would really be a good idea to (attempt) to handle
files without an extension. Is it something that needs to be special
cased because of the Rio Karma? We could add some API that allows
consumers of DatabaseImportManager to either add more extensions to the
white list, turn off that check altogether, or just always try to import
files without an extension.

This was added very early in 1.0 though (almost a year ago), so it
should not have worked for 1.2:

See the very top section of the class:
http://svn.gnome.org/svn/banshee/trunk/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.Collection.Database/DatabaseImportManager.cs

--Aaron