Re: [Banshee-List] banshee vs songbird

Brad Taylor wrote:
Actually, Firefox theming is quite supported and actively used:

   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:2

In fact for a while, I had my Firefox looking like Google Chrome.

Being skinnable doesn't prevent Songbird from looking like Gtk+, in fact
it enables someone to write that support[1].
The point of Firefox is that it AFAIK does not use it's own window drawing but uses the one provided by the windows manager. If I remember correctly (it's a while back so I could be wrong), firefox sets up a gtk window and thus you gain all the nice buzz like composite, etc. The last thing I hear was that they're preparing for a qt port since it currently doesn't integrate into kde too good. With Songbird it seems to me that they are doing their own window drawing (hints: Having the menu bar inside the window, composite not working) which does not seem a very good design choice to me since it was one of the things that massively turned me of. With limited theming support I meant in contrast to Firefox 1 where you could rebuild the entire ui to your liking - something that's AFAIK not possible to this extend anymore (but who wants such a thing anyway?).

ym2c