Re: [Banshee-List] Replacement for current volume slider

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Christoph Burgdorf <christoph burgdorf bvsn org> wrote:
Am Montag, den 02.02.2009, 09:54 -0500 schrieb Andrew Conkling:
> Doubtful; I've seen the question come up from time to time for
> Banshee, Rhythmbox, and Totem. However, I've not seen any conclusive
> arguments for it one way or the other; a lot of it revolves around
> taste and opinion.

Well, I think adjusting the volume is one of the common things that a
multimedia software should be able to handle easily. And its not only a
queston of taste but also of usability.

I don't mean that the motivation is of taste, just the arguments and rationales people present to defend their opinion; certainly the ultimate motivation would be of the best usability. But, of course, "best" and "usability" are both very tricky, non-intuitive terms, and should ultimately be backed up by something objective. IMO.

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net