Re: [Banshee-List] Cannot run SVN after "make install"

Andrew Conkling wrote:
> Hi Gabriel, and thanks for your reply.
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com
> <mailto:gabriel burt gmail com>> wrote:
>
>     sudo rm -fr /usr/local/lib/banshee-1/ and then make install again?
>

> I did that, although my prefix was somewhat different (I have everything
> install to ~/Documents/src/).
>
>     I'm not having this problem (though I am getting an ipod-sharp not
>     found error - with new versions of Mono you have to sudo mv
>     /usr/local/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/ipod-sharp*
>     /usr/local/lib/banshee-1/ ).
>

> I did have a problem (Ubuntu has 0.8.0 at the moment, Banshee wants
> 0.8.1) so I passed '--disable-ipod' since I don't have one. So I don't
> think that's a problem, right?
>
> It seems that it's finding some older versions of assemblies/libraries.
> Is it perhaps a conflict with my globally-installed Banshee, e.g. is it
> looking in /usr/lib before ~/Documents/src/local/lib?

I actually have a script that generates working svn trunk debs. If you're interested, contact me via
IRC or some other method for it. These install to /usr, not /usr/local. Some files need to be
modified though, due to the missing ipod support (--disable-ipod needs to be passed in the
debian/rules file).

--
Hyperair