Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee and a USB MP3 Player

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchietribe net> wrote:
I'm wondering if something changed in the fdi structure in the Hardy
upgrade that changed how Banshee saw it. I think the FDI would be
referenced if available before the .is_audio_player file would be
given any attention. I may be totally off on this, but it gives you
something to look at. At some point I submitted fdi files to Ubuntu
for some other devices to identify them as music players. You could
probably accomplish this pretty easily.

Yeah, quite possibly related to the (now fixed) bug in Hardy: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal-info/+bug/215761. Messed up a lot of different players at the time.