Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee and a USB MP3 Player

I'm wondering whether fdi is at all relevant here.

Both Timothy and myself have problems using an mp3 player that
required a .is_audio_player to be detected by banshee, not a player
that uses mtp protocol (where I think the fdi's come in; correct me if
I'm wrong)

For instance, I use an mp3 player that takes SD cards as media.. I
transfer the music directly to the card

Just tested with  Rhythmbox; this detects both the N95 (in USB mass
storage mode) and the SD card as an audio player (and sees the music
on them, if the .is_audio_player file is present.)

Decided to do some digging:

I found references to is_audio_player only in MassStorageDap.cs
Unfortunately, turns out that this file is patched by  the packaging in ubuntu.
Specifically, line 108 in this file is changed
from
           if(player_device["portable_audio_player.access_method"] !=
"storage" &&
-                !File.Exists(IsAudioPlayerPath)) {

            if(!IsMassStorage (player_device) &&
!File.Exists(IsAudioPlayerPath)) {

Unfortunately, taking out that part of the patch doesn't seem to help..

Ok, I don't know anything about C#, but I am enough of a programmer
that I can do some debugging.. If somebody can point me to a tutorial
on using a debugger with C#.. ;-) (Preferably using something like
gdb.. )

TimT.