Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: 13 decimal places

In the old Banshee we broke the duration down into days, hours, minutes,
seconds. It's just way too verbose. What's the point in actually knowing
that granularity?

We chose to use a single number in a single scale. If you have days of
music, why do you care that there are 2 hours, 3 minutes, 5 seconds on
top of that? It's just noise, and detracts from other useful information
in the status bar.

As far as the 13 decimal places, that sounds like a formatting bug. It
should only show 1/10 place if it's non-zero. Again, the idea isn't to
be exact - it's to approximate and be less noisy.

--Aaron