Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: 13 decimal places

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:
In the old Banshee we broke the duration down into days, hours, minutes,
seconds. It's just way too verbose. What's the point in actually knowing
that granularity?

We chose to use a single number in a single scale. If you have days of
music, why do you care that there are 2 hours, 3 minutes, 5 seconds on
top of that?

 Fair, I appreciate that you guys thought about this. But I still think the point I made on the previous discussion is worth considering:

"For me, even the greatest two units would be useful (i.e. '2 minutes, 3 seconds', '3 hours, 4 minutes', and '38 days, 21 hours' for my whole library--maybe even rounding to weeks or months? ;)."

Frankly, I think it's kinda silly to assume that no one needs to see that information. In the previous discussion, a few reasons were mentioned why more precise information is used. Decimals (at all) are hard to interpret, even if it's just "4.5 hours". Also, am I the only one that actually sets up a (reasonably) precise playlist? I like to finish that last song in the morning (just) before I have to run off to work. :)

Cheers,
Andrew