Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: 13 decimal places

2008/3/27, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com>:
In the old Banshee we broke the duration down into days, hours, minutes,
seconds. It's just way too verbose. What's the point in actually knowing
that granularity?

We chose to use a single number in a single scale. If you have days of
music, why do you care that there are 2 hours, 3 minutes, 5 seconds on
top of that? It's just noise, and detracts from other useful information
in the status bar.

I have to admit I really liked the "old" way, it was a very clear way to see how much music I had, I am not a big fan of the new single counter. I found the old way very readable and precise, aside that it was good for making a quick reference when talking to music geek friends in mentioning the size of my collection.