[Banshee-List] Some gui ideas

Hello all,

I've been using Banshee for a while and I thought I would get used to the
Banshee-1 series for a while before I comment on it.

I love it, however:

Rating a currently playing song is difficult, especially when in random
mode. Is it possible to add ratings stars next to the title of the playing
song at the top of the window or have the browser window automatically
select the currently playing track or both?

A downloaded video podcast plays in the main window, but a streaming podcast
plays in a new window. Closing the new video window also closes Banshee
which is unexpected and frustrating. Couldn't all video play in the main
window?

As far as podcasts go I think some more thought needs to go into how
podcasts are handled.  I for one treat podcasts as separate from my library
as my podcasts are disposed of quite frequently and I regard them as
temporary. I don't want to have to look in my media library for a podcast,
nor do I expect to as there is a podcast listing in the navigation pane. If
I do want to save my podcasts I should be able to have a "save to library"
option when clicking on a downloaded item. Honestly I think that the
navigation in Miro is something to take from. It's easy to use. I know where
my downloaded things are, I know where new things are, and I know where to
go to get new things to download.

One of the things that Miro does well, as far as navigation goes, is that
subscriptions are listed in a nested list. Seeing that Banshee also has a
nested list one would expect to see a list of subscriptions under the
Podcast header. instead, podcast subscriptions aren't dealt with at all and
all podcast items are dealt with in the browser window. Which brings me to
the usability question of how exactly do I delete a podcast subscription
anyway? Actually the Radio function of Banshee is a good model to use. The
Genres list could be podcast subscriptions and the radio stations pane could
be the podcast items.

But, I don't want to be all nails in the coffin. I really like how CD
importing and tagging of songs works. Cover art seems to work 95% of the
time. The load time is much faster and I think the overall look has been
cleaned up and is much better looking than Rhythmbox.

Paul