[Banshee-List] poor ipod quality

I'm attempting to recover my music after a Linux crash.  Most of it is on my
iPod, which (after putting selinux in permissive mode) I can connect to
Banshee and play the music as well as import into my music directory.  This
all works.

However, the quality blows.  Its static-y and often just cuts out half way
through a song.  This is the case whether I try to play the songs off the
ipod through Banshee, or copy from the ipod and play from the hd.  When I
listen to the songs directly off my ipod, however, they are crystal clear.
So there is a problem somewhere between the ipod and the connection to my
computer.  Any ideas?  I have newest version of podsleuth and Banshee, and
newest everything on Fedora 10 (at least, through the test updates repo's).