[Banshee-List] poor ipod quality

I'm trying to rescue my music after a computer crash.  Most of it is on my
ipod.  However, I am getting extremely poor quality when listening to my
ipod through Banshee, and the poor quality transfers with the songs if I
import the ipod into the music directory.  However, when I listen to the
songs directly off the ipod, they are crystal clear.  I only have the
problem when using the ipod through Banshee.

I've looked at the behavior in debug, and don't notice anything that would
tell me whats going on.  The songs start fine and show that they are playing
correctly, they just have lots of pops and crackles, and little digital
hickups.  In many cases the track will skip to the next track 30 seconds
into a song.

To make sure it wasn't a system wide problem, I imported a cd.  Songs
brought in off the cd work fine.  No crackle or digital weirdness.  The
issue seems to be exclusive to the ipod.

I have Banshee 1.4.1 on Fedora 10.  Podsleuth is newest version, as is most
everything else as I have most repo's open (through test-updates anyway).
Any help?

(My apologies if this posted twice.)