Re: [Banshee-List] Bug 527788 "Could not fetch metadata for CD"

> That's possible. Can everyone test Sound Juicer using the CDs that
> aren't working in Banshee? Sound Juicer gives a little better
> feedback than Banshee does currently about whether the CD is
> associated with MusicBrainz.
>
> Also, looking up the CD could show the CD, but what needs to happen
> is that the CD ID needs to be associated with the release for it to
> match successfully without intervention. It would help everyone if
> you could associate your CDs with MusicBrainz releases using Sound
> Juicer (there are other programs too, but I don't know them offhand).

I just tried a couple of my cds.  None of them were available on musicbrainz.
With two I was able to add the disk ids, then reload the cd in Banshee which
was then able to rip them will full metadata.

With one of the cds I was able to add the disk id to the release, but then
when I reload the cd in Banshee it timed out waiting for the metadata.  To me
it looks like there are a couple problems here, first is cds that don't exists
in the musicbrainz database (however using sound juicer it is pretty easy to
add them).  In addition there does appear to be a bug in banshee's handling of
the communication with musicbrainz that causes the connection to hang for
certain cds.

Here are two cds for which the connection got hung:

http://musicbrainz.org/release/21ae01f3-131e-4607-bd81-89af05a99e79.html
http://musicbrainz.org/release/5f997ed1-f573-45af-ac01-0da4670a99d0.html

I hope this helps with the investigation.

Also, having done the Sound Juicer add to Musicbrainz, rip in banshee a couple
times now, it would be nice if there was a way to reload the metadata from
musicbrainz.  Right now I am ejecting then closing the cd tray to trigger
the refresh.

Thanks

Darin

--
Because all other Floccinaucinihilipilification Homepages are worthless.
http://www.floccinaucinihilipilification.net