Re: [Banshee-List] Bug 527788 "Could not fetch metadata for CD"

>Also, looking up the CD could show the CD, but what needs to happen is that
>the CD ID needs to be associated with the release for it to match
>successfully without intervention. It would help everyone if you could
>associate your CDs with MusicBrainz releases using Sound Juicer (there are
>other programs too, but I don't know them offhand).

I'd be happy to try, but I'm not sure quite what you're asking. banshee was
able to
request the correct CD from musicbrainz. I looked at the request and the
reply. It looks like banshee simply failed to parse the answer.

That said, I have very little clue how banshee finds the cd in the first
place.
I assume some sort of hash is generated from data on the CD, and this is
a key into musicbrainz datatbase? Sounds like you're saying it's possible
for
multiple versions of a particular CD to generate the same hash, but for some
reason banshee fails to realize that the returned info applies to this cd?

-- jamie

-- jamie