Re: [Banshee-List] code question

> My big point and objection is that *no* code should be written in
> Banshee for proxy support. Nothing. At all.
>
> The code needs to be integrated at the framework level. Frameworks
> should be able to cooperate in ways that make them not dependent on each
> other. If you add the "read the GNOME proxy settings" in Banshee, you
> need to add it to F-Spot and any other Mono application that does
> network IO. Applications are not the place. At all.
>
> --Aaron

I totally agree with you on this. However, my question is how long will
Banshee be held hostage by proxy problems that aren't its
responsibility? There could be an interim solution that would allow us
corporate types to get through proxies while the real solution is
implemented further down the software stack. Unless of course the people
frustrated by it are the same ones that control those areas. My 2c

Jae