    Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:04:54 +0100
    From: James Stembridge <jstembridge gmail com>
 Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] Updated MTP DAP patch available...
      To: banshee-list gnome org

Hi Patrick

On 6/21/06, Patrick van Staveren <trick vanstaveren us> wrote:
As for the duplicate track handling - that's definitely a bug of
mine...I don't believe anywhere I've blocked duplicate tracks.

I think duplicate detection is something that we should be able to
handle at a generic level based on meta-information, with some
delegation to the Dap implementation so that it can do something
intelligent about it if possible.

I've had a quick look at putting in a hash table for quick detection,
which is fine but needs some additional handling so that when the meta
information changed table is updated to account for the track's
changed hash value.

Regards,
James.