Re: [Banshee-List] Updated MTP DAP patch available...
- From: Patrick van Staveren <trick vanstaveren us>
- To: banshee-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] Updated MTP DAP patch available...
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:46:59 -0400
That's really intense with the memory usage...I haven't seen this, but
I'm on a box with 512 MB of ram which is usually all in use or fills
up with cache quickly. Are you sure that your ram isn't being filled
by cache (possibly from transcoding?) rather than banshee's memory
swelling? I'd really like it if you could maybe post some stats on
this...try running `ps -C banshee u` a few times while doing a
transfer, and monitor the output of `top`. top will show you how much
memory is being actually used and how much is cache - if your cache
explodes, it's not a big deal, that's just linux doing it's thang :)
As for the duplicate track handling - that's definitely a bug of
mine...I don't believe anywhere I've blocked duplicate tracks. I've
run across that myself too many times and the only way around it is to
delete the offending tracks from the player or to wipe the player.
libgphoto2's internal vfs cannot handle duplicate track names, but
allows you to transfer duplicates. Go figure. I'll add some sort of
protection in the Sync :)
Also - abock just committed this code to CVS HEAD last night, so just
grab a fresh checkout and you don't have to worry about patching :)
Note - the CVS version requires you to explicitly set --enable-mtp for
it to compile MTP support.
We now have a MTP component on bugzilla.gnome.org. Don't hesitate to
post your bug reports on there (because I'm sure you'll find more
Glad to hear it's working!
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren
Western Michigan University
----- Message from griffbrad gmail com ---------
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:55:22 -0500
From: Brad Griffith <griffbrad gmail com>
Reply-To: banshee-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] Updated MTP DAP patch available...
To: banshee-list gnome org
Hey Patrick. Sorry for not posting my results to the list, but I was
able to get the patch to compile last week by changing the OnTrackAdded
I'm using the patch with a Creative Zen MicroPhoto and it generally
works quite well.
There we two pretty big bugs that I noticed:
1) As tracks are being transferred to the device, my RAM usage goes
up very quickly. If I add any significant number of albums (10 or so)
it will eat up all of my 1GB of RAM. Exiting banshee frees the memory
2) Adding a song that is already on the player will cause the player
to no longer connect to banshee properly. So, drag over song A,
disconnect, restart banshee, drag over song A again, disconnect. The
next time I run banshee I can't connect to my device. I reformatted the
player a couple of times to confirm this and it happened consistently.
I'll let you know if I notice any other problems, but I'm just happy to
have something this easy to use working with this player. The
auto-transcoding and such is absolutely smooth. Thanks again.
Banshee-list mailing list
Banshee-list gnome org
----- End message from griffbrad gmail com -----
] [Thread Prev