Re: [Banshee-List] Updated MTP DAP patch available...

Hi Brad,

That's really intense with the memory usage...I haven't seen this, but I'm on a box with 512 MB of ram which is usually all in use or fills up with cache quickly. Are you sure that your ram isn't being filled by cache (possibly from transcoding?) rather than banshee's memory swelling? I'd really like it if you could maybe post some stats on this...try running `ps -C banshee u` a few times while doing a transfer, and monitor the output of `top`. top will show you how much memory is being actually used and how much is cache - if your cache explodes, it's not a big deal, that's just linux doing it's thang :)

As for the duplicate track handling - that's definitely a bug of mine...I don't believe anywhere I've blocked duplicate tracks. I've run across that myself too many times and the only way around it is to delete the offending tracks from the player or to wipe the player. libgphoto2's internal vfs cannot handle duplicate track names, but allows you to transfer duplicates. Go figure. I'll add some sort of protection in the Sync :)

Also - abock just committed this code to CVS HEAD last night, so just grab a fresh checkout and you don't have to worry about patching :) Note - the CVS version requires you to explicitly set --enable-mtp for it to compile MTP support.

We now have a MTP component on bugzilla.gnome.org. Don't hesitate to post your bug reports on there (because I'm sure you'll find more issues!)

Glad to hear it's working!

Cheers,

Patrick

--