Re: [Banshee-List] Mapping multimedia keys to actions in banshee

I don't believe there's a way to do this thru the keyboard shortcuts gui (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

However the feature is implemented in metacity and you just need to set some gconf keys (edit using gconf-editor aka GNOME Configuration Editor):
/apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_x
/apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_x

Once you see the various keys in global_keybindings, you'll understand the format. the values set in keybinding_commands are just command lines to run; you can specify arguments.

Example:
global_keybindings/run_command_1 = 0xa1
keybinding_commands/command_1 = gcalctool
This is the calculator button on my keyboard...to get this value (0xa1), go into the keyboard shortcut gui in preferences/control center, and edit the value of any key to find the codes for your extended keys (and then revert the change). Then enter them manually in gconf-editor.

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren