Re: [Banshee-List] Mapping multimedia keys to actions in banshee

I use xfce, but I have a utility to set keyboard shortcuts.

But using my tool, I set up a command, like "/usr/bin/gcalctool" and a shortcut, like my multimedia keyboards calculator button.

What would I do in this case?

Thanks for the reply!

On 12/8/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 12/8/06, Jordan Miller <jordan d miller gmail com > wrote:
> I was wondering if there was a way to map control of banshee to the buttons
> on my multimedia keyboard, so I would not even have banshee in focus to
> control it. Is there a way I can set up shortcuts for these buttons to tell
> banshee what I want it to do?

Yes, if you set your shortcuts in the GNOME Keyboard Shortcuts (System
> Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts) they will control Banshee whether
it is focused or not.