Re: [Banshee-List] Help needed on Banshee

On 8/18/06, SoftRomu <softromu hotmail com> wrote:
Thanks for the help.

I've added, into Sound Juicer, the command specified in the CDRipping Ubuntu
wiki :
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! faac ! ffmux_mp4

I've read some mail exchange:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2006-March/msg00047.html

Where they say: this will never work while faac won't be corrected.

It seems faac produces some files which contains only raw information, this
information must be packaged into a real usable .m4a file, but I don't know
how.

Faac *always* produces such files.  The ffmux_mp4 should be packaging
the raw AAC stream into a valid MP4/m4a file, though.

So the question is not Banshee but: did someone get some succes while
ripping in AAC? And how?