Re: [RFC] configure options with-gnome, with-gpgme

On 2019.05.18 16:02, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

two questions/suggestions regarding Balsa's configuration…

(1) The *only* use of the --with-gnome option seems to be setting the “Categories” items in the *.desktop files. I.e. it looks as if the description of the option is wrong (“…Use GNOME libraries…”), and couldn't we just hard-wire GNOME in the desktop files, or does this trigger any negative side effects?

I run a non-gnome system (specifically systemd free) so as long as --with-gnome doesn't actually drag in any additional gnome-based dependencies, I don't have a problem with this. Also, aren't the .desktop files agnostic to the desktop environment? If so, I agree, why have it as an option at all? (I'll try my next compile with that instead of without, and let you know if I detect any difference.

Jack