Re: [Patch] IMAP goes GIO

Hi Jack:

On 05/15/2018 04:06:40 PM Tue, Jack wrote:
Hi Albrecht:

On 2018.05.15 13:24, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 15.05.18 19:01 schrieb(en) Jack:
[snip....]
It works for me for yahoo, gmail, and privateemail.com (the email provider for NameCheap).  Two out of the three give a
"Server-side threading not supported." but that seems informational and harmless.

Yes, they are harmless--and you can suppress them by choosing flat threading and sort by message number.
…
My particular questions are the distinction between imap mailbox and imap folder when setting up imap access.

An imap 'folder' gives you full access to an imap server, and all the mailboxes in its tree. An imap
'mailbox' accesses a single mailbox on the server--I've never used it; as I recall, it predates 'folder'.

In addition, is it possible to group all my IMAP folders under a local folder under my "mail" folder, similar
to how I can physically specify a folder for new mailboxes?

Not at present. Conceptually, each file or directory immediately under ~/mail (or whatever) is regarded as a
mail store, and shown at the top level in the mailbox tree. And each imap folder is likewise regarded as a
mail store, and shown at the same, top, level. Nothing says it has to be that way; when you have multiple
imap folders, we could declare 'imap' to be a meta-mail-store, with the individual folders shown one level
down under it. All it takes is a patch☺

Final issue, unrelated to POP3 or IMAP - this is something I've actually noticed for some time, but this mailing list
seems to be the only one where I see this - Albrecht's previous response was TO: me, and CC: the list.  When I hit
"G" to reply to the group, the reply windows comes up, but no address in either To: or CC:.  If I Reply All,
it comes up To: Albrecht, and CC: the list, which is not wrong, but I have a personal preference to To: the list, and
CC: the individual (which I often omit, especially if I know the person is subscribed to the list.).

As I recall, a cursory glance at the code didn't show a quick fix for that, but it definitely needs a fix!
I'll look again…

Best,