Re: [Patch] IMAP goes GIO

Hi Peter,

On 2018.05.15 18:37, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 05/15/2018 04:06:40 PM Tue, Jack wrote:
It works for me for yahoo, gmail, and privateemail.com (the email provider for NameCheap). Two out of the three give a "Server-side threading not supported." but that seems informational and harmless.

Yes, they are harmless--and you can suppress them by choosing flat threading and sort by message number.
Yes, but I really prefer JWZ threading (even though I think I've found a bug in the algorithm, which I have still not yet fully tracked down.) I would have no problem using flat threading for all IMAP folders, but I suppose that would also require another patch. :-) Or - might it make sense (and be not too difficult) that local mail stores use the configured threading/sorting, but IMAP stores/folders use whatever the server provides? I assume that notification is due to Balsa asking the server if it could thread/sort in the way the configuration is set.

Jack