Re: [Patch] IMAP goes GIO

Am 16.05.18 00:37 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
My particular questions are the distinction between imap mailbox and imap folder when setting up imap access.

An imap 'folder' gives you full access to an imap server, and all the mailboxes in its tree. An imap
'mailbox' accesses a single mailbox on the server--I've never used it; as I recall, it predates 'folder'.

IMHO, only the “folder” type makes real sense.  Note that it is possible to hide certain sub-folders using
the subscribe mechanism.  However, a nice GUI for that is missing.  Currently, you have to uncheck
“subscribed only”, then subscribe to the folders you want (without having a feedback whether they are
subscribed or not), and then check “subscribed only” again, which is clumsy.

As improvement, I think of a tree view with all folders and check boxes for subscription (as in Thunderbird
or KMail).  In it, it should also be possible to add, move or delete folders on the remote server.  More work
to do…

Cheers,
Albrecht.