Re: Two issues

On 07/18/2018 10:26:01 AM Wed, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Albrecht,

On 07/18/2018 08:14:57 AM Wed, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Peter:

Am 17.07.18 22:30 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
I just created two issues on Balsa's Gitlab site, describing two misbehaviors; see
<URL:https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/issues> (many thanks to Albrecht for alerting me to one of them!).
Turns out that a one-line patch to GtkTextView fixes both of them, and I've made a merge request for it--no action
yet🙄

Would it be possible to fix the issue outside Gtk, i.e. in Balsa's sources?  I'm afraid it will takes ages
until a fixed Gtk version is available in all distos, and the effect is really /very/ annoying…

The only fix that I know of is to set the GtkTextView margins to zero. You get /almost/ the same visual
effect by using GtkWdget margins, which reserve the same space around the text, but it's filled with a
different background color; in my setup it's a pale grey instead of white--not a big deal.

That change fixes both the no-shrink issue and the button-creep issue in the message window. It also fixes
the no-shrink issue in the compose window when GtkSourceView is /not/ being used. For some reason it doesn't
solve the problem when GtkSourceView is used--can't figure out why…

Pushed to master and the wip branches--I'd be glad to see how it works for everyone.