Re: IMAP is time-dependently readonly

Can you please report balsa's version?

2.4.12

Could you also send the output produced by balsa with "-D" option?

I've attached a file, debugIMAP.txt, containing the output of a short session. The Koumbit mailboxes came up readonly in this session. I'm not sure how this list deals with attachments, but the file is too long to inline.

The most interesting parts are responses to "SELECT" IMAP command, whether they look like "OK [READ-ONLY] SELECT", or "OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT This is how balsa is informed whether the mailbox is writable or read only.

I did not understand the file thoroughly, but a search showed a number of "READ-WRITE"s, and no "READ-ONLY"s. I am confused regarding which "SELECT" command goes to which IMAP server, but there is one mailbox name that is only associated with Koumbit, called "ToFileLater". That one appears to be selected as READ-WRITE. In the session producing this output, the Balsa GUI showed all Koumbit mailboxes "readonly", and I was unable to delete or move messages. In a separate message window, the delete button was grayed out.

To make sure that the Koumbit mailboxes are truly "SELECT"ed, I started up Balsa, then explicitly selected the 6 Koumbit mailboxes one after the other: INBOX, INBOX.Drafts, INBOX.Queue, INBOX.Sent, INBOX.ToFileLater, INBOX.Trash. The Balsa GUI showed them all "readonly".

After Balsa has run for a long time (such as 6 hours), the troublesome mailboxes spontaneously switch to read/write. Alas, this makes debugging runs troublesome, as I lose the read/write status each time I restart.

Cheers,

Mike O'Donnell