Pop3 email download problem

Hello all,

I've been running 2.5.1 for a while now with no problems. However, I now have a message which will not download. Actually, balsa does seem to download the message, but doesn't seem to recognize it has finished, and times out. This is from AT&T/Yahoo. Below is the POP3 debug output.

POP S: +OK POP3 POPFile (v1.1.1) server ready
POP C: CAPA
POP S: -ERR No secure server specified
POP C: User inbound.att.net:ostroffjh sbcglobal net:ssl
POP S: +OK password required.
POP C: Pass (passwd hidden)
POP S: +OK maildrop ready, 1 message (4545 octets) (6946)
POP C: List
POP S: +OK 1 message (4545 octets)
POP S: 1 4545
.
POP C: RETR 1
POP S: +OK 4540 octets
POP S: X-Apparently-To: ostroffjh sbcglobal net via 98.138.197.222; Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:35:22 -0700 Received-SPF: pass (domain of cchsfs.com designates 208.71.50.214 as permitted sender)

[I've deleted the bulk of the headers and message.]

The information contained in this electronic message from CCH Small Firm Services, and any attachments, contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify CCH Small Firm Services immediately by e-mail to Customer support cchsfs com, and destroy this communication. Thank you.
.
POP S: +OK POP3 POPFile (v1.1.1) server ready
POP C: CAPA
POP S: -ERR No secure server specified
POP C: User inbound.att.net:linuxlinux sbcglobal net:ssl
POP S: +OK password required.
POP C: Pass (passwd hidden)
POP S: +OK maildrop ready, 0 messages (0 octets) (0)
POP C: List
POP S: +OK 0 messages (0 octets)
POP S: .
POP C: Quit
POP S: +OK server signing off.

After the line with the single '.' balsa just sits there for about a minute, and then issues the rest of the debug messages, and pops up an error "POP3 Error: POP3 connection severed." The POP messages after the "." are the same, even if there are other messages waiting to download.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas on how to fix or how to debug further.

Jack