Re: Balsa crashing on opening HTML emails

Peter, Jack,

thank you for your thoughts, and sorry for taking so excessively long to react. I have now done some testing on one problematic HTML email. Specically, I extracted the HTML (i. e. removed the email headers) and tried opening it with another application that uses webkitgtk3—luckily there is a GTK3 package of Midori* for Arch Linux. Result: Midori did not crash and displayed the document correctly, which points to Balsa being at fault here, no?
* https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/midori-gtk3/

I also used HTML Tidy on the extracted HTML and got no errors, but a few warnings:

$ tidy temp.html
line 1 column 1 - Warning: missing <!DOCTYPE> declaration
line 1 column 7 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element
line 28 column 1 - Warning: <div> proprietary attribute "name"
line 34 column 1 - Warning: <div> proprietary attribute "name"
Info: Document content looks like HTML Proprietary
4 warnings, 0 errors were found!
[…]

So it does not look like there is anything that could break webkit. Is there any way the crash could be caused by how webkitgtk is used/embedded in Balsa?