Re: IMAP is time-dependently readonly

On 10/22/2013 07:03:43 AM, Michael J. O'Donnell wrote:
I just started using Balsa 2.4.12 on Studio Xubuntu Saucy Salamander (switched from Thunderbird, which failed in other highly annoying ways). My IMAP connection to a server at mail.odonnell.koumbit.org is readonly much of the time, but flipped to read/write briefly. I made no change to the server settings during the flip flop from readonly-read/write-readonly. After the relapse to readonly, I tried varying the "Advanced" server settings regarding SSL, TLS, "Bug workarounds" with no apparent effect.

Balsa gets full IMAP service connection to GMail and imap.cs.uchicago.edu. Thunderbird gets full IMAP service from all 3 servers.

I have searched Manual, FAQ, and Mailing List archives to no avail. There was a thread regarding inability to delete messages through IMAP in 2004, but I could not find a resolution of the problem.

Michael,

Thank you for your email. The case you describe is surprising. Can you please report balsa's version? Could you also send the output produced by balsa with "-D" option? Please screen the file for sensitive data, including, but not limiting to, LOGIN and AUTH commands before sending it it. The most interesting parts are responses to "SELECT" IMAP command, whether they look like "OK [READ-ONLY] SELECT", or "OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT This is how balsa is informed whether the mailbox is writable or read only.

Best,

Pawel