Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: HTML support (was: Please Support Right To Left Direction)

Hi!

Am 27.04.08 19:27 schrieb(en) Ali49969:
> I saw youe example page. this was true in "Firefox 2.0.0.12" and
> "Internet Explorer 7.0"
> Please note that Mmany of Iranian users, uses "Internet Explorer 6.0"
> and "Windows XP Pro" operating system.

Could you try the attached patch with the current svn, send a message
with Persian (or other rtl) text, and check if it displays properly in
the web mailer and the other mail apps you use?

The patch replaces the current text/plain with a text/html and
(hopefully) includes the proper rtl and ltr tags.  It does *not* yet
encode highlighting and hyperlinks, and it does *not* create the
multipart/alternative as indicated yesterday.  This is simply a _very_
dumb check whether it is possible to compose a "proper" message in
html, so the "real" code would be some further effort.  I unfortunately
cannot test it here, so if you can confirm that this way Balsa would
work for the Persian community (and probably the Arab and Hebrew, too),
it would /really/ be helpful!

Thanks,
Albrecht.