Re: debian-users-digest threading.

On 08/07/2006 10:14:43 PM, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
On 08.08.2006 08:01:00, djhack wrote:
>> Meanwhile, DJ, I can propose a workaround. Use mutt (or any other
>> mailer) to save messages from a digest to a separate mailbox and
use
>> those messages as usual.
>
> Did try mutt. It does work except it picks up the mail, but will not

> send the mail. I tried to poke around in the manual, and on the web

> to see how it needs to be configured, but it went over my head.

	Excuse me,
I didn't mean "use mutt instead of balsa". I meant "use mutt for that

and that and return to balsa". In fact, mutt is very-very good between

MUAs, and it wont hurt to make balsa closer to mutt.
But as I came to balsa right from the mutt, I'll try to answer you.
1. My experience with mutt shows me it's great using it along with
balsa. E.g. at work I use balsa and at home - the mutt. They perfectly

share my ~/Mail folder, that contains maildir folders in it.
2. Mutt does not send anything through the net (SMTP), as it was
designed as a pure MUA. Transferring mail is a work of MTA. It's
arguable, considering that they implemented POP3/IMAP/SSL, but did not

SMTP. This point is well defined in the mutt's FAQ.
3. It's not easy to start with (at least not as easy as balsa). But
possibly you don't need to, as I offered just to extract messages from

digests to a mailfolder, and then just start balsa again and use it
for
reading, replying, etc. I say so, because if you are going to continue

OK, its me again. As balsa and mutt share the same folder. I find I can save a particular message out of the debian-digest to a ~/mail folder. However I can't find that message again in balsa. Is there some sort of special file name I need to use. I tried the "message.eml" name but that does not seem to work.

Thanks!

DJ...