Re: 'Delete' v. 'Move to trash'

On 07/01/05 11:20:45, Craig Routledge wrote:
On 01/06/2005 10:31:59 PM, Andrew Conkling wrote:
Wait, Craig; are you saying that it *is* possible if I edit gconf?

Currently no. I was wondering if it might be possible to work around that. But, a little testing has shown that the delete key is bound by GTK such that it can remove any existing accelerator from a menu item. A very useful feature if you have set /desktop/gnome/interface/ can_change_accels to true and accidentally set an item.

I hate to be stubborn about this, but in two other programs--Rox and Terminal--the Delete key does just that, but if there is no shortcut and the key is pressed, it becomes the shortcut, just as I wish for it to in this case.

I don't know what they do differently, but I just wanted to make mention that it's possible.

Thanks,
Andrew