Re: imap troubles

On 02/19/04 18:29:30, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> If your balsa is compiled *without* GSS it should work (btw, did you
> ever posted the capability line you get from the server ?) unless the
> server doesn't actually know it's running behind SSL and acts extra
> stupid with plain text logins

Ha I must have forgotten myself. Here's 't is:
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE
AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=KERBEROS_V4 AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=ANONYMOUS SASL-IR
. OK Completed

I don't see it advertising CRAM as an auth method, but then again I
wouldn't know about these things.

Yeah, see earlier posts, gss is not compiled in as I couldn't get
configure to find the libs.

[snip kacper yadi yada about adding the radio button]
[snip carlos and darko about it not being a good idea]

Point taken - so what would be the best way to present my case to the
admins? "Your IMAP server exhibits broken behavior. Please configure it
to be RFC#somenumber compliant as I can't use my favorite mail client
to connect to it." ? What can I do to determine what exactly about CRAM
is broken?

0K

PGP signature