Re: imap troubles

On 02/18/04 04:52:59, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2004.02.18 09:25, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
>> This times out on the imap port, but connects on the imaps port. I
>> still get the same "BYE" message, though.
>
> You need to use then something similar to the following - use
> apriopriate host name:
>
> openssl s_client -connect cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu:993

All right! This command spat out the site certificate and other info -
most notably the SSL session info, including "Protocol: TLSv1", but the
last line is the most relevant:
---
* OK mail.cs.mcgill.ca Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready

Now, why is this Cyrus not working with balsa? Your example host seems
to be running cyrus, so I'm assuming you know something I don't.

Btw, I built my balsa from cvs with gss disabled, as I could not find
the corresponding libs, and I did not know what this feature related to
until now, when I saw it in the FAQ mentioned as one of the IMAP
authentication methods.

dzięki,
-Kacper

PGP signature