Re: imap troubles

On 02/18/2004 11:37:37 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> On 02/18/04 04:52:59, Pawel Salek wrote:
> > On 2004.02.18 09:25, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> >> This times out on the imap port, but connects on the imaps port. I
> >> still get the same "BYE" message, though.
> >
> > You need to use then something similar to the following - use
> > apriopriate host name:
> >
> > openssl s_client -connect cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu:993
>
> All right! This command spat out the site certificate and other info -
> most notably the SSL session info, including "Protocol: TLSv1", but the
>
> last line is the most relevant:
> ---
> * OK mail.cs.mcgill.ca Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready
>

> Now, why is this Cyrus not working with balsa? Your example host seems
> to be running cyrus, so I'm assuming you know something I don't.
>
> Btw, I built my balsa from cvs with gss disabled, as I could not find
> the corresponding libs, and I did not know what this feature related to

I have to ask: do you use CVS head or cvs balsa-2-0 branch? head has only
TLS at the moment (i.e. encryption enabled on the protocol level on a
connection to imap port) but no SSL (connection directly to port with
encryption/imaps). It is not difficult to implement - I just had no
motivation so far to do that.

Pawel