Re: mailbox integrity

On 2003.08.21 03:27:22 +0100 Willem Riede wrote:
> I recently experienced mail damage. Fetchmail's log shows a 2MB message
> coming in, when I look at the mail in Balsa, only a 57K truncated attachment
> (too damaged to open) shows.
>
> I have fetchmail getting mail from my ISP, goes to sendmail, then procmail,
> which puts mail in a mailbox file depending on where the mail originated.
>

> Is it possible that I have locking issues where Balsa and procmail accessed
> a mailbox at the same time and I ended up with lost data?

Unlikely, in the sense "nobody reported that before".
Did you check the actual contents of the mailbox ?
Was balsa writing to the same mailbox at the same time ?

I take it you checked you have free disk space :) Namely, do you have
/tmp space ? Balsa uses tmp to handle attachments so a near-full tmp
would result in aparently truncated attachments.

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net http://ma.ssive.net/ - gpgkey:0x1FC57F0A
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds