Re: Iconwidth

Joachim:

I'm posting your reply to the list--hope you don't mind.

On 2002.07.14 15:34 Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Am 2002.07.14 12:16 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
>> On 2002.07.14 14:51 Joachim Breitner wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> My current procmailrc checks the mails (via a perl-script) with my
>>> Adress book, and if the Sender is in my adress book, the mail gets
>>> put in a mailbox according to the FN: entry in the vCard. If the
>>> mail is from a mailinglist, the perl-script looks into the List-id:
>>> field of the header and extracts the title (like "balsa-mail"). Now
>>> if I could filter my outgoing mail into the same folders (this goes
>>> for personson), I could easily follow a conversation or use the
>>> threading functions.
>>>
>>> Joachim
>>
>> Would it help to automagically set the fcc-box to the mailbox
>> containing the message to which you're replying? If so, should that
>> be universal behavior, or yet another configurable item?
>
> That would be nice, true. That might be an option especially for
> people that don't want to mess with procmail. (understandable...)

Well, I've never been motivated to mess with it, myself!

> Although it would still be better for me to send it to procmail, since
> procmail would create a mailbox and that would work with mails I start
> (instead of reply). But useful would your solution be.

Yes, in that case you need to set the fcc-box based on the `To:'
address...hmm.

The fcc-box widget does now have a usable memory mechanism, so setting
it manually is very convenient. Balsa could also keep a list of recent
address/fcc-box pairs, and use it with a new message to guess the
fcc-box from the address, by inserting the guess at the top of the
memory list.