Re: filters and multi-level mailboxes

On 07.04.2002 06:50 Adi Fairbank wrote:
> Carlos Morgado wrote:

> that I
> > > have
> directories.  When
> single level
> scrolls off
> type in
> > > the
> > >
> > > Adi,
> > > I'll second your reqwuest - I also have a lot of mailboxes and this
> happens
> > > me regularly as well. I tend to get around it by archiving folders to
> cd ;|
> > > have had a look through the code myself but I don't know enough about
> gtk+
> > > be able to figure out what to tweak.
> > >

> > as far as i can tell it show all my mailboxes, my problem is the list
> > falls out of my 1600x1200 desktop. probably this would be a good place
> > use the mailbox tree from the message context menu. manu ?
> >

> Yeah, that's what I meant happens to me also.  It flattens all my
> directories into one single list, which ends up scrolling way off the
> desktop.  The result is that I can't choose any mbox below the bottom of
> the
> desktop.
>
> I would be willing to fix this if nobody's working on it right now and
> someone would give me some good tips on how to get started. (e.g. gtk+
> references, and relevent balsa code I should look at)

Oh yes that would be good ;-) The best solution IMHO is the one suggested
by Carlos : ie use the mailbox tree (ie the mailbox clist you get eg when
you popup the context menu "transfer..."). That is the perfect solution
because it reuses existing code and also someone else takes time to settle
the problem for us ;-)
So you should look at the code of mailbox tree (I guess that
src/balsa-mblist.[hc] should have all you want) and also to look in the
sources to see how it is used in general (just grep the sources to find
the functions that you find in balsa-mblist.h).
Next you have to plug it in the filter-edit code. There are two files to
look at : src/filter-edit-dialog.c that takes care of all the
initializations of the dialog box (there you'll build the widgets you need
for the mailbox choice) and in src/filter-edit-callbacks.c you'll put all
the callbacks you need (that's the meaty part ;-).
I have no time to help you actually coding it but send me your work I'll
try to review it or any question.
Good work
Bye
Manu